What is a menstrual cup?
• Menstrual cups have been in use by ladies since 1930s.
• Menstrual cups are suitable ONLY for ladies and are NOT suitable for use by VIRGINS as they may cause damage of hymen.
• VIRGINS should NOT use items that trap the menstrual fluid inside body including menstrual cups. Items that trap the menstrual fluid inside body might lead to damage of hymen.
• Menstrual cup is a pliable, small, and bell-shaped, it is simply folded and then inserted into the vagina like a tampon, where it will unfold itself, form a seal to prevent leaks, and start collecting your menstrual flow.
• Well-positioned menstrual cup at the suitable size, should not allow any blood spills/leaks, should not be felt inside your body, and should collect your menstrual flow for up to 8-12 consecutive hours as maximum depending on IFU of your menstrual cup.
• Menstrual cups are cost-effective, they can be used over many years and are therefore a far more cost-effective form of menstrual protection from a long-term perspective, compared to single-use tampons and sanitary pads.
Ecological advantages of menstrual cups:
• Menstrual cups are Eco-Friendly period products. They are sustainable and can be reused over several years. “In her fertile years, a lady uses over 15,000 single-use tampons or sanitary pads, which is extremely harmful to our ecosystem”.
• Utilisation of menstrual cups can help you avoid monthly piles of trash as you dispose used tampons and sanitary pads with your household waste.
• Menstrual cup, depending on its size, can hold much more liquid than tampons or sanitary pads, meaning you can remain carefree for longer and you do not have to carry any spare tampons or sanitary pads with you.
Sanitary advantages of menstrual cups:
• Inside body, menstrual cups do not absorb any liquid, they do not dry out the vaginal mucous membrane like tampons do, hence they do not have any negative effect on the vaginal flora.
• Inside body, menstrual cups do not leave any fibres behind like tampons do.
• Utilisation of menstrual cups helps ladies who are prone to external skin inflammations, allergy, irritating odour, or have sensitive skin as they use sanitary single-use sanitary pads.
• Use of menstrual cups might help ladies who are prone to vaginal infections, fungal diseases, allergy, or a sensitive mucous membrane by protecting their vaginal mucous membrane from dryness.
• Menstrual cups can be inserted for use with any menstrual flow.
All menstrual cups available on our online-shop are:
• Manufactured with No latex, or plasticisers; therefore they are hypo-allergenic and healthier choice compared to some single-use tampons and sanitary pads.
• Do Not contain any bleaching agents (dioxins & furans), deodorants, perfumes, pesticide residues, or absorbent gels; therefore they are hypo-allergenic and healthier choice compared to some single-use tampons and sanitary pads.
• Free from toxic chemicals like polyvinyl chloride, styrene, chloromethane, acetone, chloroethane, and proteins; therefore they are hypo-allergenic and healthier choice compared to some single-use tampons and sanitary pads.
• Easy to use and clean.
• Long-Life durable product when cared for.
• Cause No odours, irritations, or dryness.
• Offer up to 8-12 hours of hustle-free protection. (Depending on IFU of your menstrual cup)
• Reusable and eco-friendly.
• Approved for commercialisation and use in USA, Canada, EU, UK, and Japan.
FreeLady cares for your personal safety and general health condition, please consider these General Precautionary Advice and Attention.
General precautionary advice:
• Use your menstrual cup ONLY pursuant to directions of use and during menstruation.
• Do NOT use menstrual cup while you are infected with yeast and/or bacteria, you can resume use of menstrual cup once the infection had been completely cleared/cured.
• Do NOT use menstrual cups if you are VIRGIN, virgins should NOT use items that trap the menstrual fluid inside body including menstrual cups. Items that trap the menstrual fluid inside your body might lead to damage of hymen.
• Menstrual cup is NOT a contraceptive device and will not protect against Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD).
• Do NOT expose your menstrual cup to direct flames or hot solid surfaces.
• Menstrual cup is NOT a toy, always keep your menstrual cup out of reach of children and animals.
Prior to utilising menstrual cup, consult your gynaecologist:
• If you have an Intrauterine Contraceptive Device (IUD)/Coil. Everyone is different, be informed about benefits and risks of your particular IUD/Coil.
• If you have been previously diagnosed with Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS).
• FreeLady cares for your personal safety and general health condition. Menstrual cups are very personal and intimate hygiene products, they are not to be returned or exchanged. All sales are final.
• Model of your purchased menstrual cup may be changed for future improvements without prior notice.